Tuesday, March 22, 2011

1. Intro





Welcome to my Hobart Light Rail Metro blog site.

My scenario plan is for a transformation of the Tasmanian state capital into a carbon neutral transit oriented city where a light rail network can be the principal core served by autonomous vehicles and buses. This is a long term vision of mine going back to 2000 when I was a resident of Hobart. 

I am a public transport advocate - member of Rail Futures Inc and former resident of Hobart, Tasmania. I am currently living in Melbourne and frequently visit the Tasmanian capital.

Over time I will be making updates and some necessary alterations as more relevant information becomes available and importantly as public debate increases when concerning the needs for better transport infrastructure in Hobart. I look forward to your comments.

Many thanks to the City of Hobart - Planning Department for their generous support with detailed mapping.



My Original and playful concept for the Hobart Light Rail Metro System - June 2000. 






 


1. Intro

Welcome to my  Hobart Light Rail Metro blog site . My scenario plan is for a transformation of the Tasmanian state capital into a carbon ne...